Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finish Post

It's over. It's done. Fini. Ed crossed the finish line at 12:30pm to cheers from complete strangers! Kim and I got there ahead of Ed and Mike and told the finish line people what he was doing. Tim, one of the guys at the finish line, took Ed's card over to the podium and let the others on the line know he was coming. The gal at the podium announced he had RUN from Seattle to Portland and had started on Wednesday. (She announced Saturday as his start but Kim and I yelled up to her the correct day!) When I saw him coming, I yelled "He's here, he's here" and started snapping picutres. She got the crowd to cheer him on (and Mike too!) What a rush! He actually did it!! WOO HOO! People lining the chute reached out to high five him, including many children! I didn't get any pictures of him in the chute as I wasn't allowed in the chute area.

There was a point about 4.5 miles from the finish line where members of the Goldwing Club had set up a cheering station. I went over and introduced myself and let them know about Ed and Mike. They hadn't heard of a runner, but one of the guys had seen Ed and Mike out on the road. I was parked across the street from them waiting for my guys. When they got there, we got out the maps and I told Ed that I would meet them at the finish line. Kim went over to the Goldwing tent and talked to them. & gave them one of Ed's cards. They gave her $10 for our cause (Elementary Track). Thank you Columbia Goldwings, Chapter P (?), for your generosity.

We're home now. I'll unpack the rest of the stuff out of the motorhome tomorrow and return it to Chris and Mike, cleaned up and ready for them to use. Or Chris & Debbie. LOL Thank you very much Evans family, we grately appreciate your support, friendship and love.

Thanks everyone for following us as we went through this journey. What's next? I'll let Ed tell you in his blog. Watch for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message! We would love to hear from you, but, please, no "flaming"!