Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Night before the start

Have you ever had second thoughts about doing something that others expect you to do?
The night before the big run and I have never been as nervous as I am right now. Although I have been training since October, I really wonder if I am ready for such an ultra run.
All of my old injuries seem to be coming to my mind. The mind is a powerful thing and probably the most dangerous, as we can convince ourselves of just about anything. As it has been said, "If you think you're defeated you are." But, I am determined to complete the Seattle to Portland run for the benefit of all those who choose to run in the elementary track program.
Interviews with the media remind me that tomorrow is the big day. The beginning of what I hope will be a profitable and great adventure. I sure hope it all comes together.
See you down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a message! We would love to hear from you, but, please, no "flaming"!